We care about your kids. At Zion, Care means that our campus is safe and secure, that we’re prepared for emergencies, and that you are part of our Christian family. As you walk around our campus, you’ll recognize the following:
Genuine Care for your Children
• We treat each other as members of one big family, which rightly fits the Gospel message: “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me” (Matthew 25:40).
• We uphold the same values that you instill in your children at home. Our teachers talk about respect, integrity, friendship, forgiveness and effort.
• Our teachers enroll their own children in our school.
• As part of our National Lutheran School Association certification process in 2016, we anonymously surveyed each 4th through 8th grader whether they agree with the statement “My teachers care about every student”. 100% responded “Yes”.
• We pray for each other in class and at home.
• Our quarterly Kairos awards focus on children who have been excellent examples to others.
Safety and Security
• We have completed a round of security updates this year and now have professional video surveillance of our campus 24/7.
• All staff are First Aid and CPR certified.
• We hold emergency drills in accordance with the latest guidelines for safety.
• New electronic gates are currently being installed to further secure our campus.
• Comprehensive disaster recovery and reunification plans are in place.
• Classroom doors are locked when children are present.
• All of our doors are protected by professional security through Sonitrol.