Dear Parents and Students of Zion,
This year’s chapel theme, “Standing in Mercy” focuses on our opportunities to practice being merciful and showing compassion to others. From Luke 6:36 we are instructed to, “Be merciful as our Father is merciful.” What an honorable aspiration! We invite you to join us in this invitation to be aware of the needs of our brothers and sisters in the Kingdom of God and show compassion and empathy here at school, in the community around us and to the world at large.
What makes this year NEW?
- Before and After Care programs will have new staff this year. We are still in the process of securing these positions. Applications are available for daily positions and substitute positions.
- Please note the information:
- Parent/Student Handbook
- Note: The school information system remains with Sycamore®. Continuing families will keep their current log-ins. New families will receive log-in information in this packet
- L.E.S.T. information for 5th – 8th grade families
- School map
- The Ball Room received a face-lift and use will be restricted to authorized users
- The Trustees Team has repaired doors, cut brush in the lower property, redirected drainage around the portables and worked through general grounds maintenance
- New Math curriculum for grades Kindergarten-8th will be in place for the school year.
- Raise Your Paddle funds from the Annual Auction have purchased new digital information monitors for the main office and classroom building hallways and the entrance to the gym. We are also in the process of installing a new phone system to replace our previous discontinued, unsupported system.
- After 200,000+ miles each, two school vans have been replaced with two new mini-vans.
What’s coming soon?
Back-to-School Family Orientation – The format has changed a little this year. We will have two days and three times open for group orientations in the classrooms. August 26 has two times: 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM. August 27 has one orientation time available at 6:30 PM. If you are unable to attend the scheduled times, please call the school office or teacher directly to arrange a different meeting time.
Tuesday September 2 (4:30 – 6:00pm) – Back to School Family Event and meal plus volunteer signups for the new school year.
September 3 – First day of school with all-school chapel at 2:00pm – Parents and guests are invited!
In service under God’s merciful Grace,
Lynne Hereth, Principal