Your kids have an abundance of opportunities to succeed, to participate, and to learn.
• We have the opportunity to talk about God in every lesson.
• Wendy Nelson, MS CCC-SLP, Dyslexia and Language Strategy Specialist, offers free screenings to our students, and meets with students on our campus.
• Amy Riffle-Kouyeas, longtime music educator offers private piano, voice and ukulele lessons on our campus. She also teaches our Preschool through 5th Grade Music Classes.
• Our curriculum features classes that public schools are cutting: Art and Library classes for every grade.
• Every grade level takes field trips that focus on expanding knowledge and making real-world connections to objectives from our curriculum.
• 1st, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders each have overnight trips during the school year.
Lutheran Elementary School Tournament (LEST)
The wealth of events available at LEST provide a framework for our extracurricular activities from November to February.
• LEST is a centerpiece of our education plan for Grades 5-8.
• This tournament takes place in Portland, OR every February.
• Our students participate in a wide variety of athletic, academic, technological and fine arts competitions.
Our Spring Musical is a major focus for our 7th and 8th graders in April and May.
• The Musical takes place in our school gym every May.
• We spend weeks rehearsing, preparing sets, practicing songs and dances and perfecting our on-stage personas.
• Recent productions include The Lion King (2016), Into the Woods (2017), and The Wizard of Oz (2018).
• This year’s production will be Cinderella.
Fifth through Eighth Graders are encouraged to try one sport each season. Our coaches ensure playing time for each athlete.
• Fall Sports include Cross-Country, Flag Football, Volleyball and Soccer.
• Winter Sports include 7th and 8th Grade Basketball, Cheer and Dance.
• Spring Sports include 5th and 6th Basketball and Track.